Every now and then I come across a quote that does a ‘firm’ little tap on the shoulder of my Consciousness. This is one such quote. The reMinder to step more boldly into authenticity and integrity. Oh, I’ve heard and read other statements that spoke to these concepts. Actually from a variety of resources. Some of these include:
- Plato: The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new
- Robin Williams: You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all
- Dalai Lama: Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions
- 12-Step: Ya gonna talk the talk, or walk the walk?
- Steve Jobs: Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life
- Louise Hay: All that I seek is already within me
- Charlie Brown: In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back. [Charles Schultz]
These messages are similar in nature. “It’s” in you. Let it out. Others can’t pull it out; only you can let it out. Suit up. Stand up. Show it … idealistically in all your relationships and encounters. To the very best of your ability. Yup, you can do it. Grab yourself a mirror. Look yourself deep in the eyes. Affirm your philosophy. Then ~ go on out and live it.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this post. I love having the dialogue !
Lin Church, Mssw
Coach ~ Mentor ~ Writer ~ Presenter: JourneyWoman